Jalapeno Mummy Poppers that looks like little mummies, that you can do with your friends and family to enjoy our staycation season!
Hey guys, HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone. Today we are making an Easy Halloween Treat and what better choice than a good spooky Jalapeno Mummy Poppers that looks like little mummies, that you can do with your friends and family to enjoy our staycation season!
So I hope you guys are excited about Halloween, and all that spooky, scary and creepy experience. It’s fun to do experience with our loved ones and then having our home-made Simple Halloween Treat and enjoying with them.
This is a fun recipe and you will enjoy making this recipe with your friends/children/family. Nothing tough to do, just fun and a Simple Halloween Treat to enjoy.
I hope you will love this recipe and I have few more Halloween Dessert Recipes which I think you should try once:
Let’s have a look at our ingredients of Simple Halloween Treat(Jalapeno Mummy Poppers).
- Crescent rolls: This will be used to cover our mummies, making bandages for them.
- Cream cheese: Very tasty ingredient for making just a beautiful and creamy filling.
- Jalapeno: This will be our poppers, spicy, and perfect for this recipe.
- Parmesan cheese: Always loved by everyone in any recipe.
- Eggs: Just to give our mummies a glazy and shiny look.
Products and ingredients I have used are mentioned below:
- Cutting board: Multifunctional and reversible, high-quality cutting board.
- Rolling mat: Non-stick and non-slip high-quality silicone kneading mat, easy to clean, and dishwasher safe.
- Rolling pin: You can use a pastry rolling pin to roll homemade pizza dough, fondants, cookie dough, bread, braids, and much more.
- Hand mixer: A high-quality stainless wire beaters with a powerful motor.
So without further ado lets get started with our Simple Halloween Treat(Jalapeno Mummy Poppers).
Make sure you pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
We need 6 jalapenos and cut peppers in longways, so leave the stem on and try and cut through it, if it’s shaped like a banana kind of try to make a slit from the center. I don’t like a half-moon shaped one, so I just cut them longways.
And with any chili, if you want the heat is all right no need to remove the seeds. But if you don’t want that heat just go through cleaning all those up, so that’s the first step of preparation of this. Cut them all in half and scoop out the membrane and the seeds or else ti’s gonna burn somebody’s mouth off.
So next you’ll prepare the crescent rolls, hope you’ve turned your oven on to 375F/175C.
We’ll get going on the little portion of this crescent, so you need to roll these out pretty dang thin. So, you want these to stretch out pretty small, so they’re long like a shoestring almost. We have five jalapenos, I’m gonna stretch these out let them sit for a minute to like relax.
So we are now gonna make our filling. In a mixing bowl add cream cheese and cheddar cheese and give it a mix and then add salt and pepper to taste and there you go. Our delicious and creamy filling is ready.
Now fill in our cream cheese mix into the peppers and then wrap it perfectly with our dough bandages just like the mummy, and leave some space to make eyes. Now apply egg-wash with the brush on the dough and place it in the oven for 15 minutes.
And here we go, take them out of the oven and make eyes using black peppercorns or DIY eyes and our Simple Halloween Treat(Jalapeno Mummy Popper) are ready, serve them at parties and enjoy it with your friends and family.
Jalapeno Mummy Poppers
- 5 ounces cream cheese
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese
- salt & pepper
- 6 Jalapeno peppers halved lengthwise and seeds removed
- 10 ounce crescent roll
- 1 egg
- DIY eyeballs/peppercorns
- Preheat oven at 175C/350F. Cut jalapenos into half lengthwise and remove seeds.
- Now roll crescent roll and then cut them thin like shoelaces, and put them aside.
- Now in a mixing bowl add cream cheese and parmesan cheese and mix them well. Then add freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Now fill jalapenos with our cream cheese filling and then wrap it with crescent strips. Now apply egg wash and bake for 15 minutes.
- Take jalapenos out of the oven and make eyes using DIY eyes or black peppercorns and serve them.
- If you want you can keep seeds into your jalapenos, that’s totally optional.
- You can deep fry your jalapenos but I recommend baking them.