Gluten-Free Best Chocolate Zucchini Bread – This ultra chocolaty gluten-free best chocolate zucchini bread is AMAZING. The perfect way to use up extra zucchini in the summer! (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
This Best Chocolate Zucchini Bread is perfect for healthy eaters as well as keto eaters too.
Do check our other healthy Keto and Gluten-free Bread: KETO CLOUD BREAD
Let’s take a look at our ingredients:
Eggs: Healthy and full of proteins, they are good for health as well as they help are rich in biotin which helps in strengthening roots of hair.
Avocado Oil: Avocado are good for health as well as they add rich flavor to the recipe. Avocado oil is rich in Oleic acid which is a healthy fat.
Coconut/Brown Sugar: You can use any one of them as both of them are healthier option of regular table sugar. Coconut sugar also contains Inulin which is a type of dietary fiber.
Dark Cocoa Powder: Cocoa powder gives our bread dark brown chocolaty color which makes our healthy zucchini chocolate bread look even more tempting.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla extract adds an amazing flavor and aroma.
Zucchini: Our main ingredient is zucchini, as zucchini has many health benefits, let’s have a look at a few of them by HEALTHLINE :
- Zucchini is a rich variety of minerals, vitamins, and beneficial plant compounds. Cooked zucchini is slightly higher in Vitamin A compared to the raw one.
- Zucchini boasts many antioxidants that are beneficial for health and most of its anti-oxidants are found in fruit’s skin.
- Zucchini is rich in water and fiber which are very important parts of our nutrition.
- Zucchini’s fiber can increase insulin sensitivity and stabilize blood sugar levels hence decreasing type 2 diabetes.
- Zucchini is high in water and fiber hence low in calories, helps in reducing hunger, and helps you feel full potentially leading to weight loss.
Gluten-free Flour: Gluten-free flour will help you continue your gluten-free diet.
Baking Soda: Baking soda will help our bread rise and make it fluffy and airy.
Chocolate Chips: As the name of our recipe says C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E, we need chocolate chips for that chocolaty bite in our mouth and a few for the topping.
Products I have used are mentioned below:
- Silicone loaf pan: Perfect for making bread, cake, brownies, cobbler cake, etc.
- Mixing glass bowl: Perfect for serving, mixing, and storage.
- Hand mixer: Perfect for kneading and beating with versatile attachments.
- Stand mixer: Perfect for kneading and beating, and easy to clean.
How to make Best Chocolate Zucchini Bread?
In a large mixing bowl, add 3 eggs, 1/2 cup avocado oil, 3/4 cup coconut/brown sugar, 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and mix everything well.
Now add 1 1/2 cup grated zucchini (do not peel zucchini) and mix again well. After that, add 1 cup gluten-free flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 cup chocolate chips and mix everything well again to form a batter.
Now in a loaf pan transfer the batter and sprinkle few remaining chocolate chips and bake at 350 ºF for 50-60 or until a toothpick is inserted in center comes out clean with few moist crumbs.
When it’s baked, let it cool for 15 minutes and then run a knife at the edges and then flip the pan upside down on a plate to take the bread out. If you have used parchment paper then it will easily come out.
Do you peel zucchini for bread?
No, I don’t peel zucchini for bread as it’s the outer layer(skin) contains antioxidants. And by the way, when we add zucchini it melts while baking the bread, so peeling is just an unnecessary step.
Why do people put zucchini in bread?
As bananas and applesauce act as a moist ingredient similarly zucchini add moisture to the bread and helps to bulk up the cake.
Can you freeze chocolate zucchini bread?
Yes, you can. Slice the bread but keep it in the form of a loaf. When needed thaw the slices as required. Wrap it in a saran wrap and then in foil and you can store it up to 3 months in the freezer.
How do you know when zucchini bread is done?
The simple way to check whether the bread is ready or not is to insert a toothpick in the center of the loaf and take it out. If it comes out clean with few moist particles then it’s done.
What does zucchini adds to zucchini bread?
As many have said, zucchini acts as bananas or apple sauce which adds moisture and is also a good veggie.
why does my zucchini bread sink in the middle?
Grease only the bottom of the pan and let the batter cling to the sides of the pan which will help the bread rise up. A crack on the top of the bread is a sign of perfect bread which is caused by escaping steam during baking.
Can you put zucchini bread back in the oven?
In this case, if the cake is moist, it can be returned back to the oven for a few minutes to let it cook properly as moisture is a sign of an undercooked loaf.
Is it OK to eat slightly under cooked bread?
No, it’s not the right decision to eat undercooked bread as bread is made of flour and eggs. And eating raw dough or eggs can make you sick as raw eggs contain Salmonella Typhi Bacteria and should never be consumed raw eggs.
Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Loaf Pan
- Large mixing bowl
- Parchment Paper
- Hand mixer/ Stand mixer
- 1½ cups Grated zucchini
- 3 Eggs
- ½ cup Avocado oil
- ¾ cup Coconut sugar/ Brown sugar
- ½ cup Dark cocoa powder
- 1½ tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Gluten-free flour
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup Chocolate chips (2-3 tbsp set aside for topping)
- In a large mixing bowl, add 3 eggs, 1/2 cup avocado oil, 3/4 cup coconut/brown sugar, 1/2 cup dark cocoa powder, 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and mix everything well.
- Now add 1 1/2 cup grated zucchini (do not peel zucchini) and mix again well. After that, add 1 cup gluten-free flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1/2 tsp salt 1/2 cup chocolate chips and mix everything well again to form a batter.
- Now in a loaf pan transfer the batter and sprinkle few remaining chocolate chips and bake at 350 ºF for 50-60 or until a toothpick is inserted in center comes out clean with few moist crumbs.
- When it’s baked, let it cool for 15 minutes and then run a knife at the edges and then flip the pan upside down on a plate to take the bread out. If you have used parchment paper then it will easily come out.