Happy Halloween everyone, so finally Halloween is here. Today we will be making an amazing Halloween Cupcake Recipe. This spooky Halloween Cupcake Recipe whom I call Black Wizard Cupcakes is fun to make and super delicious to eat, this is moist, soft, rich, fluffy, and made from simple everyday ingredients.
Everyone is so much excited about Halloween, my friends, my family, and every other person I know. This is the season of scary, spooky, and creepy things, everything looks scary and creepy and now it is to decorate our food in that theme.
So let’s begin the scary and spooky journey to the Halloween Cupcake Recipe, don’t worry it’s fun to make these cupcakes.
You should also check my other Halloween treats:
Let’s have a look at our ingredients for Halloween Cupcake Recipe.
- Cocoa powder: A must-have cake/cupcake/cookie ingredient, loved by everyone because of its flavor.
- Vanilla extract: A very aromatic and flavorful ingredient, enhances the taste of any dessert when added.
- Harvest Candy corns: Very important when it’s Halloween, I just love them and I’m sure you too.
- Marshmallow: Who doesn’t love this gooey and soft piece of the devil. They just taste so amazing and are amazingly delicious.
Products and ingredients I have used are mentioned below:
- Mixing bowl: Perfect for mixing, serving, and storage purpose.
- Strainer: Premium quality stainless steel strainer.
- Measuring cup: Perfect for measurements while cooking/baking.
- Hand whisk: Made of stainless steel wires and with high-quality plastic handle, comfortable grip, and dishwasher safe.
- Cupcake tray: Non-stick high-quality pan for baking, dishwasher safe.
- Piping bag: Made of high-quality materials, useful for decoration.
- Candy corn: It wouldn’t be Halloween without candy Corn, Great for baking, or for the perfect seasonal candy dish.
Now let’s get started with our Halloween Cupcake Recipe.
So let’s start with cupcake making. Place cupcake liners in a cupcake pan.
Now let’s mix our dry ingredients add flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and pass it through a strainer into a bowl so that no lumps will be formed in the batter.
Now let’s measure our wet ingredients to make buttermilk. For that, in a mug/bowl add 1 1/2 tsp vinegar and 1/2 cup warm whole milk and keep it aside to curdle. After 5-10 minutes it will have a perfect grainy texture and our buttermilk will be ready.
In other mug/bowl, add 1/2 cup vegetable oil, 1 whole egg, 3/4 tsp vanilla extract, 1/2 cup our home-made buttermilk , and whisk everything well.
Now, let’s combine our wet and dry ingredients together. Pour our wet mixture into the dry mixture bowl and mix everything well to form a perfectly smooth and lump-free batter. Now gradually add 1/2 cup of warm water, and again mix well to form a thin batter. (DON’T WORRY OUR BATTER WILL BE THIN.)
Now pour our cupcake batter into the cupcake tin about half and bake at 300F for 18-20 minutes.
Take the cupcakes out and check whether they are cooked well or not. To check that, prick a toothpick into the cupcake down to the bottom and if it comes out clean it, means our cupcakes are ready for decoration.
Now let’s make our colored frosting for decoration. For that, take buttercream frosting and add black and green food color and mix until desired shade.
Now let’s see what other items you need for decoration. You need harvest corn candies, Oreo cookies, big marshmallows, toothpicks. These are the thing which will give our simple cupcakes a spooky and scary look.
Let’s decorate our cupcakes. Pour our frosting into a piping bag with a grass tip to make hairs of the wizard/witch. Insert a toothpick into our marshmallows to make a wizard/witch head and paste black fondant on them to make the eyes and nose of the wizard/witch.
Now let’s make hairs of the wizard/witch with the buttercream, with Oreo cookies make a hat, and the place candy corn at the top of the hat and done. Our Halloween Cupcake Recipe of Black Wizard Cupcakes is ready to serve at Halloween parties.
Black Witch Cupcakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp dark cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 egg
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup hot water
- harvest candy corn
- oreo cookies
- For cupcakes mix dry ingredients, in a bowl flour, granulated sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt and pass this mixture through a strainer so that lumps will not be formed.
- Now add mix ingredients, add ½ cup vegetable oil, 1 whole egg, ¾ tsp vanilla extract, ½ cup our home-made buttermilk and whisk everything well.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and add ½ cup warm water gradually and mix well to form a thin batter.
- Now pour that mixture in a pre-lined muffin tray and bake for 18-20 minutes at 300F.
- Now add black and green color to the buttercream frosting until you get your desired color shade and pour that frosting into a piping bag with a grass tip.
- For decoration, you will need harvest candy corn, oreo cookies, big marshmallows, and a toothpick. Insert toothpicks into the marshmallows and place it on the top of the muffin upside down to make the wizard head and with fondant make eyes and nose.
- Now make hairs of the wizard with buttercream frosting and then with oreo cookies make wizard hat, and then at the top again squeeze some icing and then top with candy corn to make the top of the hat, Serve and enjoy it.