Welcome, today’s recipe is going to be Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs and Veggies, a super easy meal but it is super filling as well.
Slow cookers are I think meant to be used 365 days. I mean probably everything can be cooked in slow cookers from pasta to burgers, chicken to meat; almost everything.
It is really helpful when you have shifted to a new house and you have no idea about where your gas/oven is. At that time this slow cooker is a really helpful friend.
Just take it out, throw all ingredients at once, and done; no frying, stirring. It’s very easy to work with.
You should also check our other delicious Chicken recipes:
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs and Veggies
Let’s go through all of the ingredients you’ll need for this Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs and Veggies.
- Chicken Thighs: All-time favorite and most commonly used meat, tasty and healthy, easy to cook.
- : Almost used in every recipe whether it’s french fries, burger patties, chips, mashed potatoes, etc.
- Baby Carrots: Good source of Vitamin A, helps to improve eyesight.
- Green Beans: A very nutritious and tasty vegetable. Adds a vibrant green color and crunch to the recipe.
- Parsley: Adds a very fresh and aromatic flavor to the recipe.
Can I use chicken breast instead of chicken thighs?
Yes, you can, in fact, chicken breasts get cooked much faster than chicken thighs. Cook for 3-4 hours on low heat and 1-1.5 hours on high heat.
How long should I cook My Chicken?
Either cook this on low for seven to eight hours or on high for three to four hours and what you want to do is once those juices it gets really liquidy, you kind of just want to mix things around the base the chicken make sure that they get all the delicious flavors, so it tastes really good.
When to add Green Beans to the recipe?
We should add Green Beans in about a half-hour before our meal is complete. You do not want to put them in now or they will turn to mush City, so set those aside in the fridge.
How to make Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs and veggies?
- In a bowl add all spices and sauces and mix well.
- Chop all vegetables which you wanna add.
- Add chicken, vegetables, and sauces to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 hours on high and 7-8 hours on low.
- And at last about 20-30 minutes before serving add green beans and additional vegetables which you like.
- Broil the chicken for about 3-4 minutes to get that crispiness on chicken.
- At last pour juices on the top and done.
How to serve Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs and Veggies?
- Serve it with rice, so that the extra left juices can be soaked up.
- As you take the chicken out of the pot, it’s color looks dull and faded. In that case, broil the chicken for a few minutes, so that its skin gets caramelized well and looks good when presented.
- When it’s served into the plate, drizzle honey and on the top of the chicken and sprinkle some finely chopped parsley.
Products and ingredients I have used are mentioned below:
- Crockpot: Pressure cook, slow cook, brown/sauté, or steam with 1 appliance.
- Mixing bowl: Perfect for mixing, serving, and storage purpose.
- Hand whisk: Easy to whisk because of a soft and comfortable grip, dishwasher safe.
- Oven tray: Non-stick for easy release and quick cleanup, dishwasher safe.
- Ladle: Suitable for non-stick cooking and baking utensils, soft, comfortable grip, dishwasher-safe.
So let’s get started with this recipe, this is Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs and Veggies.
So go ahead and grab a large bowl, start adding in some of our ingredients.
The first one is 1/2 a cup of soy sauce, then add-in 1/2 a cup of honey, add in a quarter cup of ketchup, two cloves of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of dried basil, 1/2 a teaspoon of dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon of the crushed red pepper flakes, and then 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
So I’m just gonna add according to what I think would be a quarter of a teaspoon and then go ahead together and whisk together all of the ingredients.
All right, so I move the mixture off to the side and it’s gonna be a little tough kind of mixing in at first but it will definitely get easier.
What I did was I just rinsed off my potatoes and my baby carrots, 16 ounces of both. I’m gonna go ahead and half them as far as the potatoes and put the carrots all together in a large bowl.
All right, so I have a 6-quart slow cooker here. You want a larger size one because we’ve all got a lot of goodies a lot of hearty items to go in there for your meal.
So what I did was I took the chicken thighs, I rinsed them off, and then I pat dry them with a paper towel. So I’m going to go ahead, I am going to add in my chicken, my potatoes and carrots, and then my soy sauce mix as well.
And then, what I like to do is just kind of like make sure all of the juices are there on the chicken, there on the vegetables. Just kind of move it around with a spoon. All right everything is all set now.
I have cooked it for 3 .5 hours. Mix all things from the base so that all the flavors get mixed up. So do that a couple of times throughout it cooking. Mark after checking it a couple of times and basting it.
Go ahead and add in those green beans.
All right it’s been cooking for over three and a half hours, so for the last half hour, I’m gonna go ahead and add in the green beans, mix things around a bit and then go ahead and put it back on for another half hour.
Don’t forget to rinse green beans, and then to trim them on each side you can line up several them and just trim them and get the ends cut off on both sides.
So what I like to do is I like to take the chicken out of the crockpot about 10 minutes before the 4 hours is up, and I cook it on broil for about 3 to 4 minutes just to add a little crispness to it. While the chicken is in the broiler just continue cooking the vegetables
All right so here is everything finished, we have our vegetables and I took the chicken out of the broiler about 4 minutes in so it got a little crispness to it.
Go ahead and plate my chicken. Alright, take some of the juice that’s leftover in the crockpot and tap it over every piece of chicken the vegetables and you can even save some for any leftovers that you have if you want to pour a little on top before you go ahead and refrigerate them.
Alright, guys, and there you have it super yummy super moist slow cooker honey garlic chicken Thighs and veggies, real easy recipe to go ahead and do in the crockpot takes no time at all.
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs and Veggies
- Crock pot
- Mixing bowl
- Hand whisk
- Oven tray
- ½ cup Soy sauce
- ½ cup Honey
- ¼ cup Tomato ketchup
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Basil dried
- ½ tsp Oregano dried
- ¼ tsp Red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp black pepper
For honey chicken
- 8 ounces Baby red potatoes
- 8 ounces Baby carrots
- 8 pieces Chicken thighs
- 16 ounces Green beans
- Add 1/2 a cup of soy sauce, 1/2 a cup of honey, a quarter cup of ketchup, two cloves of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of dried basil, 1/2 a teaspoon of dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix well.
- In a slow cooker lay down the chicken breasts, and then add carrots and potatoes and then drizzle the sauce prepared.
- After 3½ hours, add green beans.
- Broil the chicken for 3-4 minutes for a crispy layer.
- In the end, after 4 hours is completed, take out the chicken int the plate.
- Pour the left sauce on the chicken and vegetables and serve.