Looking for a sunflower wreath that will last throughout the warm months? These DIY sunflower wreaths are the perfect addition to your home decor! Made with real sunflowers and artificial sunflowers, this wreath is perfect for summer and spring. These sunflower wreath ideas are easy to make and can be done in less than an hour.
A homemade sunflower wreath is the perfect solution. Not only is it a beautiful way to welcome guests to your home, but it’s also a great way to use up any extra sunflowers you may have in your garden.
In this post, we will be showing some ideas that how you can make a sunflower wreath, or you can buy that is sure to impress.
All you need is a few supplies and some sunflowers. You can find sunflowers at your local grocery store or farmer’s market.
How to Make a Sunflower Wreath
If you’re feeling crafty, making your own sunflower wreath is a great DIY project for summer. Here’s how to do it:
- Sunflowers (real or artificial)
- Floral wire
- Wire cutters
- Grapevine wreath
- Ribbon or twine
- Cut the sunflowers from their stems, leaving about 3 inches of stem attached to each flower.
- Cut a length of floral wire and wrap it around the stem of one of the sunflowers.
- Place the sunflower on the grapevine wreath and wrap the wire around the wreath to secure it in place.
- Repeat steps 2 and 3 with the remaining sunflowers, spacing them evenly around the wreath.
- Once all of the sunflowers are in place, add additional decorative elements like leaves, berries, and twigs using the same method.
- When you’re happy with the look of your wreath, tie a ribbon or piece of twine around the top of the wreath to use as a hanger.
Where to Buy Sunflower Wreaths
If you’re not up for making your own sunflower wreath, there are plenty of places to buy them. Here are a few options:
- Etsy: Etsy is a great place to find handmade sunflower wreaths from independent sellers.
- Amazon: Amazon has a wide selection of sunflower wreaths, both real and artificial.
- HomeGoods: HomeGoods often carries seasonal wreaths, including sunflower wreaths, in their stores.
How to Style Sunflower Wreaths in Your Home
Sunflower wreaths are versatile enough to work in a variety of spaces in your home. Here are a few ideas:
- Front door: A sunflower wreath is a great way to welcome guests to your home. Hang it on your front door for a bright and cheery greeting.
- Living room: Use a sunflower wreath as a unique piece of wall decor in your living room. Hang it above your sofa or fireplace for a pop of color.
- Dining room: A sunflower wreath can be a beautiful centerpiece for your dining table. Place it in the center of your table and surround it with candles or other decorative elements.
Brighten Up Your Front Door with Homemade DIY Sunflower Wreath
17. Sunflower Wreath
16. Rustic Farmhouse Sunflower Wreath
15. Sunflower Wreath with Green Leaves
14. Artificial Sunflower Wreath with Green Leaves
13. Yellow Spring Sunflower and Daisy Wreath
12. DIY Sunflower Farmhouse Check Wreath
11. Sunflower Wreath for Spring
10. Sunflower Pumpkin Door Wreath
09. Wood Slice Wreath
08. DIY Dollar Tree Sunflower Wreath
07. DIY Dollar Tree Sunflower Wreath for $7
06. Clothespin Sunflower Wreath
05. DIY Sunflower Wreath Under 30 min
04. Burlap and Deco Mesh Sunflower Wreath
03. Sunflower Wreath
02. DIY Door Basket with Flowers
01. Sunflower Wreath On Unique in the Creek Form
Are sunflower wreaths only for summer?
Yes, sunflower wreaths are typically associated with summer because sunflowers are a seasonal flower that blooms in the summer months. However, if you love the look of sunflower wreaths, there’s no reason you can’t enjoy them year-round.
Can sunflower wreaths be used outdoors?
Yes, sunflower wreaths can be used outdoors as long as they are protected from the elements. If you plan to use a sunflower wreath on your front door or another outdoor space, make sure it is in a covered area where it won’t be exposed to rain or extreme temperatures.
How long do sunflower wreaths last?
The lifespan of a sunflower wreath depends on whether it is made from real or artificial flowers. Real sunflower wreaths will typically last for a few weeks if they are kept in a cool, dry place. Artificial sunflower wreaths, on the other hand, can last for years with proper care.
Can I customize my sunflower wreath with other flowers?
Yes, sunflower wreaths can be customized with other flowers, leaves, or decorative elements to suit your personal style. Consider adding some additional flowers in complementary colors or using different types of greenery to add some texture.
How do I care for my sunflower wreath?
If your sunflower wreath is made from real flowers, it’s important to keep it in a cool, dry place to extend its lifespan. If it starts to wilt or dry out, you can try spritzing it with a little water to revive it. Artificial sunflower wreaths can be wiped down with a damp cloth to remove any dust or debris.