Slow cooker chicken thighs are a delicious and healthy meal that can be made in minutes. These slow cooker chicken thighs are easy to make and economical. Chicken thighs are dark meat which means they are moist and flavorful, rubbed with a simple mix of spices, and then cooked in the slow cooker, this dish will be a family favorite.
Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
So go ahead and grab a large bowl, and start adding in some of our ingredients.
The first one is 1/2 a cup of soy sauce, then add in 1/2 a cup of honey, add in a quarter cup of ketchup, two cloves of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of dried basil, 1/2 a teaspoon of dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon of the crushed red pepper flakes, and then 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
So I’m just gonna add according to what I think would be a quarter of a teaspoon and then go ahead together and whisk together all of the ingredients.
All right, so I move the mixture off to the side and it’s gonna be a little tough kind of mixing in at first but it will get easier.
What I did was I just rinsed off my potatoes and my baby carrots, 16 ounces of both. I’m gonna go ahead and half them as far as the potatoes and put the carrots all together in a large bowl.
All right, so I have a 6-quart slow cooker here. You want a larger size one because we’ve all got a lot of goodies and a lot of hearty items to go in there for your meal.
So what I did was I took the chicken thighs, I rinsed them off, and then I pat dry them with a paper towel. So I’m going to go ahead, I am going to add in my chicken, my potatoes and carrots, and then my soy sauce mix as well.
And then, what I like to do is just kind of like make sure all of the juices are there on the chicken, there on the vegetables. Just kind of move it around with a spoon. All right everything is all set now.
I cooked it for 3 .5 hours. Mix all things from the base so that all the flavors get mixed up. So do that a couple of times throughout it cooking. Mark after checking it a couple of times and basting it.
Go ahead and add in those green beans.
All right it’s been cooking for over three and a half hours, so for the last half hour, I’m gonna go ahead and add in the green beans, mix things around a bit and then go ahead and put it back on for another half hour.
Don’t forget to rinse green beans, and then trim them on each side you can line up several of them and just trim them and get the ends cut off on both sides.
So what I like to do is I like to take the chicken out of the crockpot about 10 minutes before the 4 hours is up, and I cook it on broil for about 3 to 4 minutes just to add a little crispness to it. While the chicken is in the broiler just continue cooking the vegetables
All right so here is everything finished, we have our vegetables and I took the chicken out of the broiler about 4 minutes in so it got a little crispness to it.
Go ahead and plate my chicken. Alright, take some of the juice that’s leftover in the crockpot and tap it over every piece of chicken the vegetables and you can even save some for any leftovers that you have if you want to pour a little on top before you go ahead and refrigerate them.
Alright, guys, and there you have it super yummy super moist slow cooker honey garlic chicken Thighs and veggies, real easy recipe to go ahead and do in the crockpot takes no time at all.
How to serve slow cooker chicken thighs?
- Serve it with rice, so that the extra left juices can be soaked up.
- As you take the chicken out of the pot, its color looks dull and faded. In that case, broil the chicken for a few minutes, so that its skin gets caramelized well and looks good when presented.
- When it’s served on the plate, drizzle honey on the top of the chicken and sprinkle some finely chopped parsley.
Slow Cooker Chicken Thighs
Slow Cooker Honey Garlic Chicken and Veggies, is a super easy meal but it is super filling as well.
- For Sauce
½ cup Soy sauce
½ cup Honey
¼ cup Tomato ketchup
2 cloves Garlic (minced)
1 tsp Basil (dried)
½ tsp Oregano (dried)
¼ tsp Red pepper flakes
¼ tsp black pepper
- For honey chicken
8 ounces of baby red potatoes
8 ounces of Baby carrots
8 pieces of chicken thighs
16 ounces of green beans
- For sauce
- Add 1/2 a cup of soy sauce, 1/2 a cup of honey, a quarter cup of ketchup, two cloves of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of dried basil, 1/2 a teaspoon of dried oregano, 1/4 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes, and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper. Mix well.
- In a slow cooker lay down the chicken breasts, and then add carrots and potatoes and then drizzle the sauce prepared.
- After 3½ hours, add green beans.
- Broil the chicken for 3-4 minutes for a crispy layer.
- In the end, after 4 hours is completed, take out the chicken int the plate.
- Pour the left sauce on the chicken and vegetables and serve.
[…] SLOW COOKER HONEY GARLIC CHICKEN & VEGGIES […]
Comments are closed.